Thursday, January 9, 2014

Adorable distraction for a stressful time.

     There are some crummy things going on in my world right now. As most of you already know my husband's car was stolen last night from the college he is attending. The college he is attending at 37 years old, while working 40+ hours a week, to try and earn a degree to be able to do better for him family. The despicable human took a car with two car seats in the back, and winter boots in the front. I truly hope karma does it's job in this particular instance.
   
     There is positive though! I can see it! I posted on Facebook what was going on, and to please share and keep an eye out. My wall is covered in copies of my post over and over from my friend's and family sharing. There are so many people who love us, and hate that this happened, and want to support us is anyway they can. And it's visual! It's amazing. It's overwhelming, there is so much love! It is also wonderful to know that a very dear friend wanted to make sure that the boys got to bed on time and got plenty of sleep since they FINALLY got to go back to school. So it was the very dear friend who went and got said husband and brought him home. It is also amazing to know that there are a others out there who would have done it as well. I am also overwhelmed at the thoughtfulness and kindness of another friend that is letting us borrow her car until we can figure out what we are going to do. And yet another friend has literally started a "get them a car" fund. It brings me to tears. It is the positive that I'm going to hang onto, and the love that we are receiving. And continue to think about the best positive outcome, whatever that may be.

     This is a blog about my darling boys, and that is what I got on to write about, and still will, but I guess I needed a moment to vent about this, so thank you for listening. Now on to the adorable distraction I got today picking up my oldest from school.

      My oldest is in kindergarten. He never went to preschool so this is the first real time he has spent a lot of time with a big group of kids. He has always been sociable, so that has never been an issue. Well, for awhile now he has been saying that he and Sarah (names changed to protect the adorably innocent) are going to get married. Sarah's good friend Samantha does not like this idea because she wants to be best friends with Sarah and can't be if she is best friends with Eric, my oldest. I hope you got all that. When I picked him up from school today the saga continued.

     Eric: "I told Sarah that if the police can't find daddy's car then he is going to have to get a new one. Sarah and I are going to get a blue Jeep."   "When you get married?"  With a super sweet half smile, "Yup. And Sarah figured out where we should go for dating." (Yes, he said it just like that.) "And where is it you are going for dating?" I asked. "To the hotel with the waterpark. And I waited for Sarah and put her glove on for her because I really like her and wanted to stand by her. I also told Samantha that two girls couldn't get married."    "Yes they can."   "But they are both girls."  "So. Why can't they get married?"  "Because I want Sarah to be with me."  Fair enough.  He continued. "I told Samantha that it's possible, that means maybe, possible is a maybe choice, that Sarah likes me more."  There was still more, at this point I am furiously writing all this down on a random envelope I found in my purse. "Sarah is going to come over and spend the night and I told her she can lay next to me on the top bunk with me." Then I was informed that Sarah made a happy squee noise.  Then he was onto other important topics, like "I wish my ear was bigger so when it's itchy and I have gloves on I can reach it."

     There is the part of me that says, that is the cutest thing! Then there is the part that says noooo!!! You are five! Stop! I know it is all sweet and innocent right now, my only hope is that a little farther down the road when it isn't, he still wants to talk to me about it.

3 comments:

  1. Love Eric, I hope he gets more entertaining with every day that passes. You do know he's going to be a total flirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's TOTALLY alright to vent too! It really, really, REALLY helps!! hahaha. We all need that scream. Also, we totally heart you guys to the MOON!!! Anything you guys need just let us know! <3s <3s <3s

    Also, Eric. is. aDORable! That's the cutest story I've ever heard! How grown up he sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (1) I'm SO sorry again that you're having to go through this crap. So not okay.
    (2) That may be one of my favorite Eric conversations so far. It's hard to say, though. They're all so amazing. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete