Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Selling to art lovers, and boys are icky.

     So Eric has come up with a plan. He is going to draw art. Honestly it is some of the worst art he has ever done. I know I'm mom and I should love it all, but seriously he drew a stick figure and signed his name. He wants to mass produce I guess. He wants to mass produce it because he has a plan. His plan you ask? He is going to give his first picture away for free. Then he is going to charge the next two people $2 each. Everyone else after that he is going to charge $5. My child has figured out how to be a drug dealer at 5 1/2 years old. Yes, I am concerned. I am very concerned. Either he will be really good with money later on, or I'll be visiting him in jail. Yes, I will be keeping a very close eye on this one. He is way to smart for his own good. 

     He also came downstairs the other day to show me something he had made out of Legos. I can't even remember what it was, but I'm sure it involved robots or spaceships with guns and lightsabers. I looked, I listened, he went back upstairs to build on. At the time we has a friend over and my husband and friend were playing video games. They weren't nearly as interested in Lego creations. Eric picked up on this quickly. Because I hear a minute later, from upstairs, "Nathan, mom actually looks at stuff, the boys just say; uh-huh awesome, but they don't really look." I pointed this out to said boys, hopefully they will pretend better from here on out. 

     At the moment there is an over abundance of poop, pee, butt and penis in my house. They talk about it, they sing about it, they tell jokes about it. I have to actually say "Stop pooping on your brother." on a daily basis. There is no actual poop, thank every deity ever, but they pretend, so then they can laugh. Oh I forgot farts. There is a lot of farts too. And fart guns. Thank you so much Despicable Me 2 for that one. I was on the phone while I was driving to work today (I have a blue tooth so hush) and mentioned that Nathan was blowing lots of raspberries in the back seat. I was quickly informed that it was actually a fart gun. I put Nathan in the car the other day and he turned to me and says "Do you want to see my penis?" Which reminds me of another story. I can't believe that actually reminded me of something else, just sigh. Eric once asked his babysitter if she had a vagina. And if he could see it. She declined. I  honestly really hope they get better pick up lines than, do you want to see my penis and can I see your vagina. It's really hard being the only girl sometimes. Well I do have the cats, but it's just not the same. I think I'm going to have to have a girls day very soon, because I don't know how much more I can take. And the sad part is, I know that they will NEVER grow out of it. But if I'm really lucky they will stop singing about it, daily. Having little boys that still take baths together for the time being, there is another important lesson that has been taught. You are only allowed to play with your own. That lesson has also been the beginning of the whole good touch, bad touch conversation, but mostly it started out with "Stop playing with your brother's penis! You are only allowed to play with your own!" It amazes me the things that I actually have to say every day. Seriously who wants to go out and watch sappy movies with hot guys and drink wine with me?


5 comments:

  1. I just read this to Rich. We really enjoyed it! :-) You are enjoying Free Entertainment! Rich says it reminds him of Tim Allen's comedy when he would talk about his upbringing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is pretty priceless.

    I am TOtally up for a girls day. I can't promise I won't talk about farts, but I most likely won't be talking about my penis. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am down for the Girl's Day!! But if fart talk is off the table, I am a no-show. :D

    Your boys' stories absolutely make my day! Will you do me a gigantic favor? Send me a few of your "I can't believe I just said that" quotes. Like, "Stop pooping on your brother!" I want to make you something.

    You guys are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and make a compilation, I usually don't think about it until I say it.

      Delete
  4. Oh, and by the way, I tried selling the pretty sparkly white rocks out of my driveway. I also decided to sell some of my toys (namely, the cheap Happy Meal toys I didn't want), but I really wanted to attract customers. To do that, I put out some much cooler toys so that the people driving by would see them and stop (only to be told, of course, that they were not actually for sale). Yeah, Eric and I know how to do business.

    ReplyDelete