Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Jumping off the bridge.

     So, I have to start with I didn't know if I wanted to do this. I have a lot going on, I don't have time for a blog! I was dragged into this be very good friends. I was promised cookies. I have been asked a couple of times to start a blog because my two darling little boys, ages 3 1/2 and 5 1/2, have said the darndest things since they could talk. I started to think about it, and how much I used to write. I would write constantly when I was in high school, I even considered it as a profession for awhile. Then I thought about how many things you forget about your children doing when they were little, and how I don't really want to forget those things. I will warn you now, this blog is about little boys. There will be gross things. I promise. Poop is mentioned at least once a day in my house. 

     Speaking of poop, one of my favorite poop stories involves my youngest son. There was one day I was at work and got a text from my mom, who was watching them at the time. Mom: "Nathan, do you have poops in there?" "I not Nathan, I Shredder." "Shredder, do you have poops in there?" "Uh-uh." Shredder lies. We still talk about Shredder lying, and that was almost a couple of years ago now.

     I don't want to forget other things like the first joke my oldest son came up with on his own. "What did the turkey vulture say to the coyote? Don't try and eat me or I will puke on you!" He was probably about 3, and had learned about the defense mechanisms of turkey vultures on an animal show, which yes, involves toxic puke.

     See, gross. Told you. There are also little things that happen day to day. Just a minute ago we were eating pizza and there was a commercial on television, I can't even tell you what it was about, I was writing on here, and I hear the oldest say: "Well that's not necessary." When we asked all he said was that it was about the commercial and a guy running around. He said it with all seriousness.  Or just now my youngest runs into the living room with a roll of toilet paper (we are out of Kleenex, there was a blizzrard, okay) he says "Here mama! Toilet paper!" "Thank you." and just in case I didn't know he points at his nose, "For snot!" and then runs off again. We have to keep is handy because  this is the child that runs up to you and yells "I have snot! I have snot!" until you give him a Kleenex, or sometimes wipe his nose. It honestly wasn't that long ago that we taught him "tears" because he would say "I have snot!" and point to his eyes. 

You know I really didn't mean to start off with the gross parts of raising boys, but I guess if you are still reading or come back later even after all of the bodily functions you really want to read  this. I will do my best to keep you updated on their antics. I think I'm going to have to keep a small notebook on me...

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started this! Can't wait to read more about those two adorable boys of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the one that gave him the roll of TP and told him to take this to mom. I'm glad that you created this blog. The boys will love it too, once they grow up and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I was laughing. Maybe your stories will become a book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahahaaaaaaa, yeeeeeeees! This is fantastic! As promised, you not only have cookies coming, but I am also going to illustrate the Shredder lies story for you so you can absolutely one day have a book.

    I am so happy you shared this!

    See, the Kool Aid wasn't so bad, was it?

    You are the best.

    ReplyDelete